Developmental Skating and Skills Program
- Focuses on the development of
- Stick Handling
- Game Play (Read & React)
- Focuses on the journey of development, not on winning
- Consistent coaching & training
- Players can relax and develop in the proper environment
- High pace and speed, combined with proper intensity level, allow players to increase thought process and skill sets
- Transferring of skill sets to game conditions occurs in a controlled environment, which promotes creativity and confidence
- Players will be familiar with one another which helps player confidence, promotes creativity and avoids skill gaps
Skaters not interested in the hockey portion of the programs, but wishing to enhance their skating skills, can join our one-day-a-week skating program.
Level 1 Skating and Skills Program
- Edge Control
- Basic Stickhandling
- Backwards Skating
Level 2 Skating and Skills Program
Includes all skill covered in Level 1 plus:
- Introduction to Advanced Skating
- Intermediate Stickhandling
Students must be 9 years of age and have prior High Gear Hockey experience.
Level 3 Skating and Skills Program
Includes skills covered in Levels 1 and 2 plus:
- Advanced Skating
- Advanced Stickhandling
- Advanced Shooting
- Offensive and Defensive Thought
Promotion to Level 3 based on achievement of intermediate skill sets.
Girls Skating and Skills Program
We offer a special program for girls wishing to increase their skating and hockey skills. The skills covered mirror those of our normal programs.
Note: We reserve the right to move players between groups, so as to provide instruction commensurate to the players' skill levels.
Note: Refunds are given for camp cancellations or injury only. Session make-ups are allowed at future camps.